Parting is such sweet sorrow

Add caption
As I've mentioned before, either at the end of summer or winter, I either pack away jumpers or store away t-shirts.  This also includes shoes and boots to save on storage room.  For the past five years, this pair of patent heels have had an airing during the colder months.  Bought, I think, for under £20 from Matalan because I loved the style.  They've got a great chunky heel I'd say around 4" and are slingbacks with a bow detail at the front. 

They aren't the comfiest of shoes, to be honest its more style over substance.  On a good day, like today, I managed to wear them for eight hours.  In reality, I could have taken them off after two hours and thrown them out of the office window but I wouldn't have been able to rock the wide leg pants and bare feet 'look' for the journey home.  I would have look like a crazy lady walking around Sainsburys but then again, hobbling around in pain wasn't the best way to finish my day.

I hate throwing out shoes, they have to be on their last legs before I confine them to the great shoe cupboard in the sky but I think this will be this pair's last season.  Sadly, they're not ageing well and on a comfort level, I'd rate them around -5.   They are just not improving with age.  I hate saying goodbye to shoes but I'd definitely think my feet will be glad to see the back of them!  Have you just had to give up trying to break in shoes?

Comments

Margaret said…
:O how saaad!!!
i've yet to throw out a pair of shoes - but I'm think i have have a pair on its way! the soles are wearing through faster and faster...
great blog!
loving the posts
stop by some time xx
take a peek at my giveaway while you're at it!
Sharon S said…
Hi there-thats such a shame, I will only persevere with breaking in shoes if they're leather, its too uncomfy otherwise!!
Jamie-Lee Burns said…
I think these are really cute - and sometimes I think it is worth trying to wear shoes in - sometimes it takes longer for some shoes! x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week