Lisa versus Elle - you decide



The Next Top Models programmes are my guilty pleasure. Its one of the only reality series that I really enjoy,  from Tyra Bank's original series to its counterparts across the world.  The Next Top Model series is also produced in Germany, Australia and Canada, to name a few.  This year the British Next Top Model had a few changes for its sixth season; a change in host and judges and a live finale where the public decided the winner.

Now, I can't discount Elle 'The Body' Macpherson's credentials to be the host of a modelling competition but I honestly cannot see any improvement by replacing the original host Lisa Snowdon.  Lisa came across astute, friendly and interesting.  Elle surprisingly was really bland, repetitive and quite cold. Don't get me wrong she looked amazing but I wanted to be entertained rather than be in awe of her glamour!  I much prefer Lisa and hopes she returns for the next season, but I'm assuming that the producers want a big name to entice the viewers, who will be dumbstruck by the beauty displayed on TV and miss the fact that the conversation and feedback to contestants is bordering on basic.  Apologies to anyone who feels differently, its just my opinion.

The live finale was held this Monday, sadly due to TV scheduling I had to record it as I didn't think my husband could sit through 90 minutes of fashion.  After watching the finale the next day, I'm quite glad I didn't either.  The 90 minutes was stretched out with some runway displays by all the contestants, live performances by a couple of groups; The Saturdays stands out for all the wrong reasons, poor performance, poor vocals.  It was another of those programmes that could really have fitted in 30, maybe 40 minutes tops but was stretched to 90 minutes to ensure good revenue on the advertising breaks.  While I like X-Factor, it too is guilty of doing the same thing with the Sunday night show stretched out with repetitive clips and space fillers.  It does make me rather angry, its like they are tricking the viewers into thinking they are giving the viewers more but really they are just gaining revenue for the TV company!

While I was happy with the winner Tiffany, she was constantly good throughout the series, I hope they return back to the original format for the next series.  Did you want the programme, what did you think of it?

Comments

Abi Gray said…
I bloody love this programme but unfortunately don't have 'Living' so I only get to see it every once in a while whilst at my parents house and then I end up watching a mix of countries and series!
On another note, I have come across several carrot chutney recipes but they all seem to be Indian inspired and quite hot, is that what you're after?? xx
CameronPoe2409 said…
I am too lucky having Living channel as all my favourite programmes are on there but I haven't checked if they are available by iplayer so that is worth a check. I'd be interested in any recipes you've found, I'm sure I could adapt them to be less spicy. Thanks xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week