A girl can never have too many shoes!

A girl can never have too many shoes!

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Young at heart



Flowers were delivered throughout the day (on her official birthday)

It was my gran's ninetieth birthday last week and we celebrated with a family tea party. She is still quite sprightly (although a bit deaf) and she baked all the cakes and cheesecakes for the do. Like the Queen she had her official birthday and then a second birthday (with a party) on the Sunday.

The big day had been in planning for weeks and gran's excitement has been building up too.  I can't really explain in words how joyous her birthday was, she simply had a fabulous day and the whole family got involved.  I think I might have got a bit too involved as I managed to hurt my big toe dismantling the gazebo!  Note to self - do not dismantle a gazebo in open toe sandals while under the influence of lambrini wine (at 2 bottles for £5, I could not resist that bargain).

4 comments:

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Wonderful! I hope she goes on to have many more as for the Lambrini.....

TheStylishShoeGirl said...

What a lovely photo of your nan and all her flowers!

Sounds like a fabulous day was had by all (minus the minor foot injury - probably just aswell you'd had a few quiet drinks pre-injury!)
x

Vix said...

Many congratulations to your lovely Granny! She looks brilliant for 90. x

CameronPoe2409 said...

Thank you for your lovely messages, she's had such a great birthday. xx PS I have no excuses for the lambrini