Young at heart



Flowers were delivered throughout the day (on her official birthday)

It was my gran's ninetieth birthday last week and we celebrated with a family tea party. She is still quite sprightly (although a bit deaf) and she baked all the cakes and cheesecakes for the do. Like the Queen she had her official birthday and then a second birthday (with a party) on the Sunday.

The big day had been in planning for weeks and gran's excitement has been building up too.  I can't really explain in words how joyous her birthday was, she simply had a fabulous day and the whole family got involved.  I think I might have got a bit too involved as I managed to hurt my big toe dismantling the gazebo!  Note to self - do not dismantle a gazebo in open toe sandals while under the influence of lambrini wine (at 2 bottles for £5, I could not resist that bargain).

Comments

Wonderful! I hope she goes on to have many more as for the Lambrini.....
What a lovely photo of your nan and all her flowers!

Sounds like a fabulous day was had by all (minus the minor foot injury - probably just aswell you'd had a few quiet drinks pre-injury!)
x
Vix said…
Many congratulations to your lovely Granny! She looks brilliant for 90. x
CameronPoe2409 said…
Thank you for your lovely messages, she's had such a great birthday. xx PS I have no excuses for the lambrini

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week