I'm a real gone kid



I've had some technical problems over the past week so haven't been able to blog but thanks to my lovely husband, its all systems go!

Now, last weekend was the opportunity to go back to the 1990's with a trip to Liverpool to watch Deacon Blue. They were one of my favourite bands and the last time I saw them perform was in 1994 at the Empress Ballroom, Blackpool.

So last Friday night, I spent the evening with nearly 9,000 other fans at the Liverpool Echo Arena. It was an amazing atmosphere and the band was fabulous, playing all their hits from Dignity to Queen of the New Year. My husband and I had a great night, perhaps too great as we indulged in some great food, lovely sangria and wine. I got a bit carried away dancing and ending up catching my heel in the stand and falling over! To say I am bruised is an understatement, I honestly think if I hadn't had a drink then I would have ended up with a broken limb. Sadly my lovely red shoes were the ultimate victim in this unfortunate incident [post to follow]. Despite feeling like I had been dragged through a hedge, I had a fantastic time and I hope this clip from the gig, that I found on YouTube (don't you just love YouTube) gives you an idea of how good the band were

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week