A girl can never have too many shoes!

A girl can never have too many shoes!

Saturday, 22 January 2011

Blending in

piri piri chicken with roasted veg and sticky rice
Before I start writing my post I have to say that I am not a great photographer so my picture isn't as glossy or enticing as it would be if I was producing it for a food magazine.  Although I understand that to get that perfect shot the food would require treatment that would make it inedible!

Now, I honestly thought that the best present I would have got for Christmas 2010 would have been a handbag or pair of shoes but no . . . it's a blender and I haven't even switched it on!  My husband who was already a good cook is fast becoming a culinary genius due to the joys of us now owning a blender. He's been busy making homemade sauces and we've so far enjoyed tastes from around the world from Jerk Chicken to piri-piri without having to leave the comfort of our own home.  From starting with recipes from the latest Jamie Oliver book, he's now started to create his own recipes!

I have to say that his homemade soups are the best - Stilton and broccoli and leek and potato - its amazing how much you can make with basic ingredients and a stock cube!  With a tin of soup costing around 80p its definitely saving us some pennies while having more homely and tasty food.  Just want we need in this cold and poor economical climate!

5 comments:

Looking Fab in your forties said...

We had a recipe from the Jamie Oliver book for dinner and it involved a blender, which is a pain to wash up!

Aik said...

It looks mouth-watering!

MyStyle said...

Hi there-your meal looks delicious and I'm also a fan of home made soups,so tasty and nourishing!! xx

Vintage Sparkle said...

I think it looks yummy, and very healthy. I am loving Jamie's 30 minute meals. Have so far made 3 since Christmas.
xx

CameronPoe2409 said...

Looking Fab - I am really bad, I've left my husband to clean the blender!

Ali - it was mouthwatering and the piri-piri was really hot!

My Style - it was delicious and don't homemade soups warm up a wintry day!

Vintage Sparkle - I love Jamie Oliver's books, they are always really easy to make and tasty too!