Blending in

piri piri chicken with roasted veg and sticky rice
Before I start writing my post I have to say that I am not a great photographer so my picture isn't as glossy or enticing as it would be if I was producing it for a food magazine.  Although I understand that to get that perfect shot the food would require treatment that would make it inedible!

Now, I honestly thought that the best present I would have got for Christmas 2010 would have been a handbag or pair of shoes but no . . . it's a blender and I haven't even switched it on!  My husband who was already a good cook is fast becoming a culinary genius due to the joys of us now owning a blender. He's been busy making homemade sauces and we've so far enjoyed tastes from around the world from Jerk Chicken to piri-piri without having to leave the comfort of our own home.  From starting with recipes from the latest Jamie Oliver book, he's now started to create his own recipes!

I have to say that his homemade soups are the best - Stilton and broccoli and leek and potato - its amazing how much you can make with basic ingredients and a stock cube!  With a tin of soup costing around 80p its definitely saving us some pennies while having more homely and tasty food.  Just want we need in this cold and poor economical climate!

Comments

We had a recipe from the Jamie Oliver book for dinner and it involved a blender, which is a pain to wash up!
Aik said…
It looks mouth-watering!
Sharon S said…
Hi there-your meal looks delicious and I'm also a fan of home made soups,so tasty and nourishing!! xx
Abi Gray said…
I think it looks yummy, and very healthy. I am loving Jamie's 30 minute meals. Have so far made 3 since Christmas.
xx
CameronPoe2409 said…
Looking Fab - I am really bad, I've left my husband to clean the blender!

Ali - it was mouthwatering and the piri-piri was really hot!

My Style - it was delicious and don't homemade soups warm up a wintry day!

Vintage Sparkle - I love Jamie Oliver's books, they are always really easy to make and tasty too!

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week