The ex-factor

No, this isn't a confessional about an ex-boyfriend! This is a bit of a moan about the current series of X-Factor.  To be quite honest, I'm completely bored with it.  Over the past couple of years (I'd say the last three series) its been my un-official countdown to Christmas.  Each episode seemed bright, shiny and sparkly, always with a couple of stand-out performances.  The perfect complement to getting into the Christmas party spirit.  This year, more drama is being played on via the media or via the contestants.  To be honest I can't really tell what's going on but its impacting on how much I enjoy the show. 

Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of acts I think are good: Matt Cardle, Rebecca Ferguson and One Direction (I can't help it, the boys are so happy you can't help but be happy too!). But now, really the only key thing I look forward to, is seeing what outfit Danni has chosen to wear on the night, after that I kinda switch off and do something else while the show is on in the background.  Now according to the news, Wagner is still getting a high number of votes so could still be in with a chance of winning?!

Like Big Brother, has X-Factor lost its gloss?

As a contingency for this and next year, I'm going to try a different way to countdown to Christmas by watching Christmas themed films on the twelve days of Christmas.  So far I plan to watch Its a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Scrooged, A Christmas Carol and Die Hard (well this did occur at Christmas and Bruce Willis looks good in a vest). If you can think of any more films that are worth a watch please let me know.

Comments

Abi Gray said…
Oh I love Christmas films, we always watch loads in the run up to Christmas and have a couple we always watch on Christmas eve. I personally love The Muppets Christmas Carol (which I have watched every Christmas eve for as long as I can remember!), Shrek the Halls and Love Actually.
And I agree that Dannii's outfits are the most interesting thing about X Factor this year. I too am usually a devotee but it's just not doing it for me this year.
xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week