A girl can never have too many shoes!

A girl can never have too many shoes!

Tuesday, 28 September 2010

News about shoes

I never thought I would say this but I can really relate to Mariah Carey! Recently she took a tumble while performing at a concert in Singapore. The trooper that she is, she carried on singing but summoned an assistant to the stage to take off her shoes. I honestly thought that the diva behaviour was an urban legend (if rumours are true, JLo also displays similar behaviour.  Perhaps they attended a diva finishing school somewhere in Manhattan).  I too, have required an assistant (namely my friend Heather) to help me buckle up my shoes (below).  I blame having false nails and small buckles for my dilemma but perhaps its my inner diva coming up.  Now with the winter months approaching I need to employ an assistant to carry my brolly, I'll call Mariah and see who she recommends . . .


one, two, buckle my shoe . . . NOW!


Also in the news, The Telegraph reports on the shoe designs of Kobi Levy.  Describe in his own words as 'wearable sculptures' they certainly stand out as a work of art or something.  My personal favourites are the 'dog' shoes.  What are yours?

7 comments:

Pearl Westwood said...

Ha ha my mum was a nightmare when she has false nails I cant describe the about of fastening I got called for !

CameronPoe2409 said...

LOL! These false nails are pesky. I managed to be at work and didn't realise until after lunch that I hadn't done up my zip, I blame the nails!

MyStyle said...

Hi there-those shoes are lovely, just too many buckles for me to fiddle with, lol!!

pearlslaceandruffles said...

Oh my gosh those shoes are beautiful! All of those buckles would be annoying after a few alcohoic drinks though! hehe. xoxo

http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

this free bird said...

BAHAHAHA!! OMG this post is brilliant!!!

xoxo,
Carrie

jamie-lee said...

Haha too funny, I couldn't imagine needing help to do up my shoes! x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

CameronPoe2409 said...

I love my buckled shoes but one day I have visions of me coming home after a night out and having to sleep in my shoes because I can't undo them!