Just seven little things



Me on a pre-Christmas day trip to Manchester, wrapped up because it was blooming cold up North in 2010!


I've recently been given a Versatile Blogger Award by Crystal from the Twenty eight and a half  blog.

Now, there are some rules to receiving this award:


1. Thank and link back to the blogger that awarded you the badge.
2. Share 7 things about you.
3. Award 5 – 15 other bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers to let them know about the award.






So first of all, thank you Crystal for nominating me!

Now, seven interesting facts about me . . . shouldn't be too hard, should it?  Well, at first I panicked and thought, have I really got anything interesting to say about myself.  So I've dug deep and hopefully produced a couple of facts that might help you find out a little more about me. So let's get started!

  1. My obsession with shoes - this stems from when I was around two or three up to the age of eleven. Due to some development issues with my feet I had to wear special shoes from Clarks with built-up arches.  So my early years were spent in big ugly shoes while my peers sported lovely pretty shoes.  I did have some respite with a pair of yellow sandals that I practically lived in when I was about five or six!
  2. Valentine - is my maiden name which I love! Someone did some research on our family tree quite a few years ago and apparently the Valentine ancestry started with an Italian guy visiting Scotland (Glasgow) and marrying a Scottish lassie. While my sisters inherited lovely olive skin and hair from my dad, I unfortunately am as pale as anything!  I miss my surname so much that I'm considering having it as a tattoo.
  3. Films trilogies or should I say quad-rilogies - I am a total film geek (just wish the cinema was a bit cheaper) if more than one film has been released in a series then I have to watch them regardless of whether the sequel is good or not.  It just feels like unfinished business to not watch all the films in a trilogy or a fourth film as now more are being released (like the Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones series).  This does mean I've had to endure some poor films just to get closure and have been disappointed - Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull for example! Why can't filmmakers let some things lie and get original! 
  4. Allergies - Ever since I was very young I'd always wanted to be a vet, unfortunately I developed severe allergies when I was about six which included allergies to animal fur and feathers.  I still continued with my dream to become a vet and planned my future to do so but years of illness meant that half my school years was spent in bed than in class.  Finally my doctor said I should consider changing my career plans and think of becoming a doctor instead of a vet.  I then realised I was never going to be able to achieve my dream without being constantly ill.  But the one thing I haven't given in to, is my love of dogs. After a two-year course of injections and a case of mind over matter,  I've managed to have dogs all my life and will continue to do so.  It takes a little while to get used to the fur and little allergy niggles but its worth it.  My house is also home to two Jack Russells - Jasper and Harvey - and it wouldn't be the same without them.
  5. City breaks - I love city breaks and exploring new places. I've spent New Year's Eve in Prague, married in Vegas, honeymooned in San Francisco, people-watched in Dublin, enjoyed a Spanish wedding in Avila (an hour's train journey from Madrid), got drunk in Amsterdam and visited Harrods and only bought a doughnut! Future trips that I've love to take include: a train across Canada stopping overnight in places like Jasper, visit Seattle and take the ferry and go to Hawaii where I can get a beach holiday and city break at the same time.
  6. Redheads - what can I say? I've always had a thing for redheads from Robert Redford (well I suppose some would say he's strawberry blond), Eric Stolz, Damien Lewis to name a few. Obviously top of my list my husband.  I even have a soft spot for Ron Weasley!
  7. Royal connections - as I'm posting on the day of the Royal Wedding, I thought my last point should be about any 'Royal' experiences I've had. Due to my job, I've been lucky enough to attend a garden party at Buckingham Palace that is run every year by an ex-Service charity The Not Forgotten Association. I also met Prince Charles at the 60th commemorations held in London to mark the end of the Second World War during which I briefly saw Prince Andrew and Camilla!
So there is it, seven facts about me. Hope I haven't bored you too much.

Now it is my turn to nominate but to ensure I can find out more about my fellow bloggers I nominate you all x
My dad in the seventies, with his Italian genes evident in his rock star hair


My dog Jasper has unfeasibly large ears but still his cuteness remains


My unofficial lodger Harvey at a younger age with less hair



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week