48 hours in Berlin

Artwork on sections of the Berlin wall found near Checkpoint Charlie
I'm back from Berlin and am catching up with college things and domestic chores so bare with me while I catch up with your blogs.

I will do a fuller post later but I can definitely say that forty-eight hours in Berlin cannot do this city any justice.  With a population of over 3.5 million people and being one of Germany's largest city, Berlin has a lot to offer and plenty to see.  During a cold but dry weekend, I took my new camera to take some pictures of our travels.


The Brandenburg Gate

Part of the Berlin Wall, I spotted this 'Why' and thought it just summed up what the Wall did to the people of Berlin

A Science building in East Berlin


Using the U-Bahn with its sixties architecture

The East Side Gallery, amazing artwork on a large section of the remaining wall




I thought this statement said so much about making a change

Hippos at Berlin Zoo



Jelly Fish at the Berlin Zoo Aquarium

More jellyfish

looks like the aliens have landed

A baby Hammerhead shark

How pretty is this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week