Party time

So we are now at the last weekend before Christmas, not many shopping days left till the big day!

Friday was the day of our office Christmas Do, each day I'd been checking the forecast for snow just in case I'd had to make some urgent changes to my planned outfit. I'm usually so organised that I've got my outfit sorted by November! This year, I bought a black lace dress, a bit fifties-style for the festivities and with no sign of snow, I was good to go.


The dress had a lovely lace pattern and I accessorized with red shoes, a black feather corsage and a sequin black shrug and of course, thick black opaque tights.




We had a gorgeous meal at a local restaurant Go Greek where the majority of us had Mezze which was lovely. It definitely made a change for the normal hotel party fare of turkey and the trimmings. From homemade pitta and humous, feta and spinach parcels to succulent roast lamb that fell of the bone (we have over seven dishes to try), everything was yummy, washed down with Greek beer and Rose wine.

Then it was off to Blackpool Town centre for more wine and a bit of dancing . . . then the snow came. We had to then stay in the bar a little longer for more wine and more dancing but who can argue with that!

After a couple of sambucas I was ready to brace the cold night, luckily there were a few taxis about so I managed to get home before midnight but unlike Cinderella I didn't manage to lose a shoe!

Comments

Glad you managed to make it to your xmas party, the food on offer sounds great!
Laurie said…
It reminds me of the old Hokey Pokey song:

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out,
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey
And you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about.

Remarkable!
Gorgeous dress! Glad you had a good time.

I've just read your post above. Is your name Clare? Sorry! I've been calling you Cameron all this time xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week